Monday, February 28, 2011

Affect Change

I am doing a Beth Moore Bible study,  Breaking Free.
This paragraph really strikes me.
"Sometimes we're willing to criticize what happened before us, but are we willing to take the challenge of positively affecting those after us?  The little slice of time God offers each generation is a trust.  Those before us who were not faithful with their trust will be held accountable, but we're still here.  We still have a chance to positively affect the generations that follow us."  Isaiah 39:5-8 ... what kind of "link" was Hezekiah?
Oh God help me to be faithful and honoring of the slice of time you have given me.

1 comment:

WendyBrz said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your kind comments, Siesta. The chaplains' wives community has been a lifesaver to me as I begin this new life, making new friends to add to the ones I've had for so many years of living in the same town. I'll bet we know some of the same people, or that our husbands may know each other! If you'd like to message me on the blog with details, I won't publish the comment and I'll get back to you.