Sunday, March 13, 2011

He's on the PLANE!

I am so excited.  As I write this Ric is now aboard a plane on the other side of the world.  But on a plane which means he will soon be on this side of the world.  By the time you see this he will be home!  I have not touched his handsome face or held his strong hands in 333 days (or 479,520 minutes, or 7,992 hrs, or 1102 meals).
This year has had it's ups and downs and swerves and jerks.  I was able to spend a couple of weeks with my cousin, sometime with one of our girls before her family moved to Alaska, a month with the Freier Team, sometime with my mom when she came out to visit.  Beaux was sick and in ICU (vet) at K-State in Dec.
God is always good.  However, this year has gone quickly even though there were times I felt would never pass me by.  I am Thankful to a gracious God who makes time keep ticking at the same rate regardless of the good, bad, or ugly that we are walking thru at the time.  I am grateful that God loves me enough to put the right people in the right place for "such a time as this."  I pray that I have been faithful enough to what it is that God planned for me in this time.  I am human only with God's mercy and grace could I have been "enough."
Well I am off... to bed... prayerfully my last night of this deployment.

2 comments:

WendyBrz said...

DeDee,
Thanks for the visit to my blog, and I hope your hubs and you are enjoying your long-awaited reunion!
Hugs from Heidelberg,
WendyB

Heidi said...

Welcome Home!!!! I know you are both enjoying being together.