Saturday, May 8, 2010

Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates


Late this week I was invited to a VIP Town Hall Meeting,  VIP unnamed.  I got there early ... with my key to the car, phone, and ID ONLY.  And as per normal town hall meetings with VIP's we waited... They actually had a nice little spread of tea, water, coffee and cookies.  In a very comfortable room with comfortable chairs. (the food and the comfortable room and chairs are not normal)
Anyhow it turns out that this is the first Spouse's Town Hall Meeting ever held by Secretary Gates.  I was so surprised at how ... real, and down to earth he is.  He was very impressive.  I would say what most impressed me is how he genuinely cares.
When I get the picture his staff took of the two of us (in a line 10 seconds coin and picture taken, times 150 other spouses) I will post it.  The picture of him is from my phone camera so... well that is the best I could get.
He visited us in honor of Military Spouse Appreciation day which was yesterday.  We each got a coin and rose, after his speech of about 10 minutes and about 30 minutes of Q & A.
Now I know anyone who believes like me believes I should have been praying for him in the first place. OK you are right.  And now it will be much easier to do just that.

No comments: