Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Apple Pie

So after a VERY long time of not being interested in cooking ... like almost 11 years.  I have had a little inspiration again.
Most of that inspiration comes from Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef.  
Last year I helped make pies for our Post Apple Day's.  And thought about... dreamt about having apple pie.  So this year Apple Day's preparation came and I again helped.  But this year instead of dreaming I started looking.  You know for a crust recipe that didn't start with flour.  Shauna (Gluten-Free Girl) has been talking up some recipe she just came across and is tweaking to make it wonderful.  In the mean time I came across a recipe here...
A Baking Life  .  So last night I made the crust dough.  I don't have a food processor so I did it the "old fashioned" way with a pastry cutter.  To do that I pre chopped the butter (next time I will chop the butter even smaller) and then put it in the freezer for about 1/2 hr.  Also this recipe doesn't have a cook time or temp... I cooked it at 375 for about 18 min... I think if I bumped it up to 400 for about the same before putting the apples in it would have been much better.  
Ok so please don't ask what all I did for the filling it is apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, and a couple of T of baking mix, and other random things.  On top of that I made a carmel sauce and poured over the top of the whole thing.  (sugar, butter, and cream no measurements)

1 comment:

Ariele O'Brien said...

prettiest apple pie I've ever seen!