Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Life

Interesting how life continues on.  Thankfully even when we want it to speed up or slow down it just continues on its normal merry way.  When things are coming to quickly say someone dies or a dream dies it just keeps ticking by.  Or when we are having the time of our lives and we would just like it to slow down and be able to savor the moments.  Thankfully it all keeps going.  I can't imagine time slowing down when life was painful and having to live the pain of a death or a death of a dream longer.  In the same light I think something that is wonderful would be a lot less wonderful in slow motion.  God made time to click by at a measured rate.  Not always do I like how fast or slow it seems to be going but time really does help heal our hearts if we just allow it to do so.  Time helps us remember the good and let go of the sad.  Time helps us to move past the horror of loosing a child to soon, or a relationship that we thought was solid.  
           
   Ecclesiastes 3:1 Everything has its own time, and there is a specific time for every activity under heaven: 2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pull out what was planted, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build up, 4 a time to cry and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to hug and a time to stop hugging, 6 a time to start looking and a time to stop looking, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7 a time to tear apart and a time to sew together, a time to keep quiet and a time to speak out, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. (God's Word)

Jeremiah 29:11 I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope. 12 Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 When you look for me, you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, 

I am so glad that time keeps ticking on.  I am so glad that my God, Jesus Christ my Savior has a plan for me.  A plan for everyone.  Remember HE and HE alone loves you so much HE died for you.  HE and HE alone knows what you are going thru.  And HE and HE alone knows how he will use the pain you have and will endure to love someone else.  He hasn't forsaken us take heart.  

No comments: