Friday, January 29, 2010

Silver Silver More Silver

When I found this lovely little lamp at the Thrift shop it had a dirty white shade on it and the bottom silver part was pitted tarnished and brassy in color. I loved the crystal stem and the marble base, so I bought it for 3$. I brought it home and took it apart and spray painted the harp and center stem and the metal at the bottom in silver. One day at some outlet I found this shade for 5$. LOL ok ok so I paid more for the shade than the lamp but it is such a joy now.

Be sure to visit the rest of the Silver Sunday contributors, and our hostess, Beth over at Gypsy Fish Journal.

14 comments:

Jane said...

You found a diamond in the rough! It's a beautiful lamp for $8.00 and some elbow grease. Well done.
Jane

Maureen said...

Good hunting girl! The shade works well.

Martha said...

It's a pretty lamp! You did well.

Sherrie said...

You did a great job. I always keep an open mind when looking for treasures. I mean what can't you do with a can of spray paint?

the old white house said...

What a pretty lamp and for $8. you can't beat it! Happy Silver Sunday~ Theresa

Marigene said...

Adorable lamp! Thanks for sharing.

Gypsy Fish said...

Oh you thrifty girl! Love it! Thanks for being part of Silver Sunday....see you next week~
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

Teresa~ Gardening with Soule said...

great restoration. That is one happy lamp now.

Faded Charm said...

What a pretty lamp. Don't you ust love it when you find a treasure for cheap! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week.

Kathleen

Vær våken said...

Lovely lamp!!

Danielle said...

Such a pretty lamp base!!! Great find!!!

dee dee said...

My I just love your "new" lamp! So elegant and thrifty... two of my favorite things!

Thanks for swinging by today. To answer your question... Yes with the new front on the door swing open and provide so much storage!
Dee Dee

micah said...

Cute lamp!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting and leaving such sweet comments. You just made my day. I'm loven your lamp! What a great transformation, I can only imagine what it looked like before. I'm following now, can't wait to learn more from you. Michelle