Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today...

Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...
And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva... So tweasure your wuv.  

Impressive Clergyman ~ Princess Bride

Marriage is a blessed arrangement,...  It is also daily hard work, somedays it is even harder.  Many days it is ultimately the choice to love the other person rather than rely on some twitter pated feeling. 


That dream in a dream.  Interestingly here frequently I forget that Ric has a dream too and not always does my dream mesh with his dream.  


And love, true love will follow you forever... For me some days I wake up and don't even like Ric, however I have entered into a covenant with God and Ric.  So I choose to love him.  In my humanness I can only attempt to mimic God in loving my husband as God loves me even when I do not "feel" like it. Thankfully God doesn't ever not "feel" like it.


So treasure your love.  In the past year I have read a really great book it is called Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.  In his book he points out, Ephesians 5:33 But every husband must love his wife as he loves himself, and wives should respect their husbands. The surest way to show love to your man is to respect him just as the surest way for your man to show you love is to cherish you.  Now honestly ladies I can say that when I read "RESPECT" shows your husband love I thought oh how LAME!  Then I put it to the test.  My sweet handsome husband reacted in ways I never would have anticipated. Treasuring means you take care of, you work to help it thrive.  People who treasure money make sure not to spend it un wisely, and to invest carefully.  That takes time, effort and research.  If I treasure my husband I am going to invest my time, my effort, and I am going to study him to know what makes him smile and what makes him frown.  Then I am going to do my best to make him smile.  Oh I am not saying being some door mat.  I am talking about investing my time in loving him.  And for Him ... the male ... that is RESPECT.  ( alternative words; honor, appreciate)  


I think all of us want what we see in pictures... you know all smiles and happiness.  The reality is:

We only see the good times in pictures, but it is the bad times that get us from one photograph to the next.
 ~ Just Married
  
Really how many of us frame pictures of our selves fighting or angry?  I don't have any of those kinds of pictures in my photo albums.


Then there are those moments... those beautiful moments!  The ones where everything just "fit."  Or the times that we are talking and no one else really understands because we are talking thru our own experiences.  Marriage is one of the sweetest hardest things I have ever done.  Thank God HE is with me... I couldn't do it on my own.

No comments: